(ALSO REFERRED TO AS SIMPLE OR IMMEDIATE CREMATIONS)
DUE TO THE INCREASED NUMBER OF FAMILIES SELECTING CREMATION AS THEIR CHOSEN FORM OF FINAL DISPOSITION, IT CAN TAKE UPTO T0 (14) FOURTEEN BUSINESS DAYS FOR THE RETURN OF ASHES DEPENDING ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES.
Our charges for direct cremation excluding ceremony, embalming and visitation/calling hours includes:
• Basic services of funeral director and staff.
• One-person Local Removal of deceased from place of death.
• Refrigerated shelter of remains up to 10 days when all requirements are fulfilled by those individuals with the legal right of disposition within the same period.
• Coordination of all legal documents/authorizations required under Ohio OR PA Law with legally authorized person(s) to execute a Statement of Goods & Service, Cremation Authorization and for the preparation of Death Certificate and Burial Transit Cremation Permit.
• PHOTO Identification of deceased included (when circumstance allows an appropriate photo to be shown all at the discretion of Funeral Director).
• Required Certificates/Letters/Authorizations/Permits:
Coordination with County Coroner/Medical Examiner to review doctor signed death certificate and/or issue required document/statement/letter authorizing the Ohio/PA Department of Health to issue a Cremation Permit/Authorization to the funeral home.
Obtain Certified Copies of Death Certificate from the Ohio/PA Department of Health and Cremation Permit within each health departments time frame
• Standard Alternate Container/Receptacle required by the Crematory for the safe holding, handling and transportation of the deceased (usually for persons up to 300 lbs.)
• Local transportation to the crematory.
• Crematory Cremation Fee for persons weighing under 300 lbs. is included
Person over 300lbs. may incur additional charges for cremation fee, Oversized Alternate Cremation Container, additional staff and equipment due to circumstance related to the movement and/or handling of oversized decedents.
• Retrieval of cremated remains from crematory for release to (1) one legally authorized person.
• Standard Cremation Container for cremated remains made of rigid plastic which is suitable for burial in many cemeteries including ALL National Cemeteries for Veterans and their spouses.
• Full funeral home website obituary including photo and service information.
• Local Removal from place of death
One Person INCLDUED
Additional person(s) to assists add $75/each person and occurrence.
Number of assistants at discretion of Funeral Director no exceptions.
Other charge as per the funeral home’s General Price List
• Identification of Decedent
• Requests for ANY other service of the funeral home staff or paperwork, including military benefits, paid-in-full invoice requests to be faxed or emailed are additional.
• Funeral Director or Staff Member attendance in conjunction a direct cremation provided by our funeral home:
• At times circumstances occur requiring an immediate decision from the funeral director or staff that can result to a necessary charge to the funeral account. An example of this situation is the use of a Disaster Pouch for safety or environmental reasons. When possible, this charge will first be discussed with the person signing the Statement of Funeral Goods & Service. All other charges from the General Price List.
Other service, merchandise or cash advance items are additional.
All funeral homes doing business in the State of Ohio are required to collect sales tax on all items of tangible personal property. (7.25% on merchandise)
3.0% on credit/debit cards that are present and swiped - 3.5% on cards not present (Photo ID may be required for the use of any card.)
Easily servicing the counties of Mahoning, Trumbull, Columbiana in Ohio and Lawrence, Beaver, Mercer in PA